Brief: Conceptualise and a music discovery app for WebOS. Timeline: 1-2 weeks.
Concepts, wireframes and visual design for a Last.fm music discovery app. Currently without a stable home (As of 18 Aug).
Wireframes below – the notes have ben removed (so I don’t have to worry about too many typos out in the wild ; ) !
Cold start experience – a way for new users to quickly add artists to their library
Exploring artists and recommendations
Exploring artist’s biography, images and top tracks
Playing personalised radio with slide show and listening stats overlay
Initial sketches of the interaction model
My part in the project was to: create a set of wireframes, work out the userflows, provide UI and marketing assets, and follow up with QA and bug testing.
- Festival compatibility – find the best fesitval for you based on the artists you listen to.
- Recommended line-up – picks out the artists you listen to most in each festival.
- Sort by location – people travel for festivals, your ideal festival may be on another continent!
- My List – plan your summer festival season and save festivals you’re interested in
- Friends – see all the festivals your friends are attending.
Comments from around the web
With the addition of their new Festivals app, 5 years of Last.fm data just became even more useful for me bit.ly/ettmpZ – @MattHurst
Last.fm Launches Amazing New Festivals App — t.co/egA2wjr #music – @Acecentric
Awesome new #lastfm smartphone application recommends music festivals according to your musical preferences t.co/EcleOJF – @Florianmaganza
Last.fm aims to making choosing which to attend easier with its new Festival application – Mashable
Work is progressing on the build of the Books With Bite site, a site for Hachette Publishing to increase engagement with their range of “Supernatural romance ” titles. The site will be based on Joomla to offer the client to manage and update the site.
I’ve designed the site and created the logo, the Joomla build is being handled by Lurex Lounge. The deadline is Halloween!